Lemorton 'Selection', Calvados, France
- Calvados distilled by Didier Lemorton at La Baillée Fétu in Mantilly, in the Domfrontais Region of Normandy
- Juice is naturally fermented on the lees in large wooden foudres or tonneaux for 9–10 months
- Distilled from pears (70–80%) and apples (the appellation requires a minimum of 30% pear)
- Single distillation occurs on a traveling, wood-fired, copper column still co-owned by Lemorton and two other Calvados producers in the area
- Aged a minimum of 3 years in used French oak
- Aromas of sage, stewed apple & pear, and brioche transition to a drying palate of tobacco and cinnamon. A hint of crème caramel whispers on the finish.