Nanclares y Prieto 'A Senda Vermella' Tinto, Viño de España, Spain 2019

Nanclares y Prieto &

Nanclares y Prieto 'A Senda Vermella' Tinto, Viño de España, Spain 2019

Size
Regular price $33.00 USD
/
  • Secure payments
  • Low stock - 5 items left
  • Inventory on the way
Wine Type
red wine
Grape
mencia caino
Viticulture
organic biodynamic
Country
spain
Region
vino de espana

Alberto Nanclares, a former economist, and his wife moved to Rias Baixas in search of a new life close to the ocean. They found themself purchasing a house with a small vineyard and soon growing grapes and making wine became their new passion. 'A Senda Vermella' is a blend of local Caiño with the more famous Mencia. 80% of the juice is from 2018 harvest and the other 20% from the 2017. Aged in a blend of very old French oak and stainless tanks.  This is an oceanic & mineral driven light red, clocking in at 11.5% abv. The Caiño grape provides soft notes of grapefruit, which are usually unexpected in a red wine, but complimentary to the floral and purple fruits tones of Mencía.  There is a rustic charm to this very unique wine. 

Pairing: Vegetable Risotto, Chicken under a brick 

Grapes: 84% Mencía, 16% Caiño

Soil: Caiño - sandy granitic, Mencía varied granit, slate, sand

Farming Practice: Organic, some Biodynamic methods 

Shipping FAQs. Please read if you are shipping wine through us.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

La Bernarde 'Les Hauts du Luc' Côtes de Provence, Rosé, France 2020
$17.00 USD
No Fine Print Cabernet Sauvignon, California 2019
$23.00 USD
LIOCO Sonoma County Chardonnay, California 2020
$23.00 USD
Hardin Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California 2017
Hardin Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California 2019
$35.00 USD
Andrea Felici Verdicchio Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Marche, Italy 2020
$19.00 USD
Gilbert Picq & ses Fils Chablis, France 2020
$27.00 USD
Recently viewed