Pinhook, 'Bourdondini' Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
From the Skurnik website: Pinhooking is a term used to describe the practice of buying young, thoroughbred horses, overseeing their initial development, and then re-selling them as race-ready champions-in-training. The Pinhook brand pays tribute to this practice and the parallels between investing in a horse’s potential and that of a young whiskey.
- Pinhook’s 2022 flagship bourbon
- Distilled at Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY; blended by Pinhook Co-Founder and Master Blender, Sean Josephs
- Mash bill of 75% corn, 15% rye, and 10% malted barley
- Aged over 3 years
- All non-GMO and locally sourced grains; proofed with ground-fed, limestone-filtered spring water
- A nose of baked peaches, orange blossom, clove, and honey transitions to a harmonious palate of vanilla bean, toasted almond, cinnamon, and butterscotch.
- Non-chill filtered; 50% ABV